Mon - Thurs: 10am
Fri: 10am - 5pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
Sun: 1pm - 5pm*
How do I...?
Get a Library Card
To get a Chicago Heights Library card, please apply in person at the
check out desk at the Chicago Heights Public Library.
Photo identification AND
proof of residency
in the City of Chicago
Heights must be presented before cards are issued or renewed.
identification cards include:
Acceptable proofs of
- State driver's licence or identification card
- U.S. Armed Forces identification cards
- U.S. or foreign passports
- Canadian or Mexican consular identification cards
- Lease or property tax documents
- Utility bill in the applicant's name
- First class mail postmarked in the previous thirty days
Persons who are not residents of Chicago Heights but own property in
Chicago Heights may receive a library card by providing proof of
Chicago Heights property tax liability.
Non-residents may obtain a fee-based Chicago Heights library card. The
fee is currently at $90 per card.
A fee of $2.00 is charged to replace lost library cards.
Chicago Heights Public Library has a reciprocal borrowing agreement
with the Chicago Public Library. Chicago Public Library patrons in good
standing may obtain a Chicago Heights Public Library card upon request.