How Do I...
Get a Library Card
To get a Chicago Heights Library card, please apply in person at the check out desk at the Chicago Heights Public Library.
Photo identification AND proof of residency in the City of Chicago Heights must be presented before cards are issued or renewed.
Acceptable photo identification cards include:
- State driver's licence or identification card
- U.S. Armed Forces identification cards
- U.S. or foreign passports
- Canadian or Mexican consular identification cards
Acceptable proofs of residence include:
- Lease or property tax documents
- Utility bill in the applicant's name
- First class mail postmarked in the previous thirty days
Persons who are not residents of Chicago Heights but own property in Chicago Heights may receive a library card by providing proof of Chicago Heights property tax liability.
Non-residents may obtain a fee-based Chicago Heights library card. The fee is currently at $90 per card.
A fee of $2.00 is charged to replace lost library cards.
Chicago Heights Public Library has a reciprocal borrowing agreement with the Chicago Public Library. Chicago Public Library patrons in good standing may obtain a Chicago Heights Public Library card upon request.