To get a Chicago Heights Library card, please apply in person at the check out desk at the Chicago Heights Public Library.
Photo identification AND proof of residency in the City of Chicago Heights must be presented before cards are issued or renewed.
Acceptable photo identification cards include:
- State driver’s licence or identification card
- U.S. Armed Forces identification cards
- U.S. or foreign passports
- Canadian or Mexican consular identification card
Acceptable proofs of residence include:
- Lease or property tax documents
- Utility bill in the applicant’s name
- First class mail postmarked in the previous thirty days
Persons who are not residents of Chicago Heights but own property in Chicago Heights may receive a library card by providing proof of Chicago Heights property tax liability.
Non-residents may obtain a fee-based Chicago Heights library card.
- The fee per card is $93.52, July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- A fee of $2.00 is charged to replace lost library cards.
Chicago Heights Public Library has a reciprocal borrowing agreement with the Chicago Public Library. Chicago Public Library patrons in good standing may obtain a Chicago Heights Public Library card upon request.
Digital Library Cards Are Now Available
Chicago Heights Residents can sign up for a Digital Library Card – all you need to do is live in Chicago
Heights to register online!
When we are closed, you can still have access to great Books. And other digital resources.
Sign up for a digital card, you get 90-day access to E-Books and digital resources.
If I have a library card already, do I need to sign up for a Digital Library Card?
- No, you should be able to use your library card to access our digital resources.
If you cannot, please email us at email@example.com and we will look into it for you.
What if I do not live in the city of Chicago Heights, can I get a card
- You must live in Chicago Heights to get a Chicago Heights Library Digital Card. Some surrounding
libraries have their own Digital Library Card sign-up – please check with your home library about
getting a Digital Library Card.
Is there a fee for a digital Library Card?
- No, like all our library cards – they are FREE to Chicago Heights Residents
When will it expire?
- During the COVID-19 quarantine these cards are valid for 90-days (requiring library verification
for further extension)
At this time, these cards cannot place holds on physical materials or checkout physical materials
without being upgraded to a full access card by library staff.
Can I upgrade to a full access library card?
When the library reopens, you can come into the library and upgrade to a full access card.
Normal library card registration procedures will be used